Friday, March 15, 2013

Raw Honeyed Coconut Macaroons


The first time I tried these Coconut Macaroons, the first thing that came to my mind was "mmmmmmm honeyeyed"!  Honeyeyed? Honeyed? Honied?  Is that a real word that you could use to describe a food, even?!  Is it a real word?  This is seriously what I pondered for a good 20 minutes as I walked the dog on a sunny winter day, and when I returned home, I immediately grabbed a dictionary to try to solve this quandry!

hon·eyed  (hnd)
v.
A past tense and a past participle of honey.
adj. also hon·ied
1. Containing, full of, or sweetened with honey.
2. Ingratiating; sugary: honeyed words.
3. Sweet; dulcet: a honeyed voice.

It certainly isn't a word I would normally use...it almost sounds like a word they might use in the Southern States... Maybe I read it in a book?  But for some reason, these magical creations are perfectly suited to this name!


Raw Honeyed Coconut Macaroons
Recipe Adapted From The Nutritional Epiphany

1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond flour/meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp salt

Add all dry ingredients together in a bowl.  Melt coconut oil on your stove top  or in microwave, and stir honey into coconut oil.  Pour oil and honey mixture over dry ingredients, mixing/mashing as you go.  The mix may still look loose but will hold well when squeezed together.  Roll/squeeze into balls, and place balls in seal-able container, and place container in fridge to firm up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment